Sunday, February 22, 2015

Week of 2/8/15


 
1.     Finished assigned readings on Content Analysis, and read/reviewed assignments on risk management and Objectives/Assessments.  I still have a little bit of the risk management material to read.   About 3 hours, 80% complete.

About 2 hours reading through asset documents that Daniel provided on the subject.  Since I will be writing the Analysis Report, I also pulled several references to post training expectations for the teacher candidate and noted some exercises to include in the training.  100% complete.

About 1 hour writing Background and Expected Benefits sections for Analysis report ahead of team meeting on Tues.  75% complete.

Met with team on 2/10 and reviewed roles/duties, brainstormed delivery media ideas, and created work breakdown structure and tentative schedule.
2.   Reflection: 1) I have a little bit of risk management material to read, but have completed the rest.  2) I want to write a good report document for my team task and these readings are part of the direction that I need for that goal.  I met most of the goal, although not 100%.  3) I have written some documents for the early stages of various projects, although not an instruction design project.  I can definitely see that the Asanna process could be helpful.  Also, all of my team experiences involved similar levels of unsureness, new people, and finding out who holds what talents/skills.  4) My method of brainstorming and drafting documents has worked well for me in many situations.  I find it is both effective for me and reasonably efficient.  Of course I spend time writing some that eventually gets edited out, but the benefit of loosening my “writing gears” is more than worth it.  5) I performed moderately for the week.  I did not get as much read early in the week as I intended, and forgot to post my reflection in my blog.  I was overwhelmed by other “life stuff”.  On the other hand, I did a good job of drafting my report and grouping relevant information together.  I intend to get back on track.   6) I am going to develop a “Saturday morning checklist” for myself so I can make sure to address all of my course obligations within the week avoid last minute or late realizations.

No comments:

Post a Comment