Sunday, March 1, 2015

Week of 2/16/15




1.       My assigned tasks for the week were to complete the online survey, team reviews and to write the Analysis Report.

I completed the report, although later than I had originally planned.  I had about 1/3 of the document drafted about 2 weeks ago for our team meeting, and then another 1/3 drafted by our meeting Tuesday this week.  I thought that I was in great shape to finish with plenty of time.

I had a lot work Wednesday, but Thursday Daniel reminded me that we needed our client sign off on the report.  That’s when I realized that I would not be able to take advantage of Friday-Sunday afternoons to finish my writing. 

We got it to her Friday morning, but don’t have the sign off now as we should have.

So it is done, and I think I have done a good job on it, but we are missing that last link.  90% complete and hoping she doesn’t want many edits.

2.       Reflection

What did I do?  I wrote the Analysis Report.  I finished on time, but did not give the client enough time to review it and get back to us by Sunday night.

What was important about it and did I meet my goal?  It took me a while to get my head completely wrapped around it all.  I used a previous analysis report from a prior class as a sort of model.  That and the outline in the ecourseware Content section helped me complete it.  The process of writing, checking against the “checklist”, reading the client’s asset materials, writing some more…  all of that process helped me understand the purpose and expectation of it all.  I think that I did a thorough job of it.

When did I do this before?  Where could I use this again?  As I said, I had a model report and my report from prior classes to refer to.  But that was quite a long time ago and not in my memory.  I can definitely use this to prepare a professional report, either as an introduction or a summary of an instruction design project.

Do I see any patterns or relationships in what I did?  Yes, I followed the Content list like a checklist and my prior report examples for format and depth of explanations.

How well did I do?  What worked?  What do I need to improve?  Following the Content list and my prior examples definitely worked well for me.  I still am having a problem where I feel like the Road Runner, Wile E. Coyote, Bugs Bunny and those that scurry their legs, trying to run, but not actually moving for the first few seconds.  That is the first bit of my tasks, then I get traction and actually make progress.  I really don’t like that feeling.

What should I do next?  What’s my plan / design?  I am going to start organizing the client resources by topic and work on developing an instruction sequence / outline for our course.

No comments:

Post a Comment