Sunday, March 15, 2015

15/5 for week of 3/9/15


15/5 for week of 3/9/15

1.      I didn’t have any official assignments, but we had a team meeting Thursday night and as the Instruction Designer.  I had agreed to have the report ready for final feedback by then.  So I spent about 3 hours incorporating early feedback, fleshing out 2 additional instruction goals that were suggested and revamping the curriculum map.  I estimate that it is 80% finished or more; there will be 1-2 hours of work left to do—to incorporate any last feedback and add the aesthetic formatting.

My teammates have posted more feedback on the documents, so I will add that and send it to my team leader Monday or Tuesday of this week so that he can forward it to the client for approval.
2.      What did I do?  I had completed almost all of my goals by our team meeting.  I had incorporated the additional instructional goals and other feedback into the report, but had not added them to the curriculum map.  So I was about 80% complete for our meeting.  I finished the last bit by Saturday night and posted to our Google drive and team community. 

What was important about what I did?  Did I meet my goals?  The Content Analysis and Curriculum Map are important documents to ensure that the client, Project Manager, eLearning Developer and Instruction Designer all have the same understanding of what the lesson will be.  I incorporated the feedback into both the report and map and reviewed it with my team mates Thursday night.  So I met my goals.

When did I do this before?  Where could I use this again?  I am actually following a similar analysis process for my first project for the MD2K center here at UofM.  I am not “dressing up” my documents as well as I have for this course client, but am writing a Learner Analysis and Content Analysis at the same level of detail as in this course and will send them to my internal client for review on all of my plans and assumptions.

Do I see any patterns in what I did?  This assignment was similar to the Analysis Report in that I started out with a vague idea and the process of writing helped me better understand my plan; I suppose the plan evolved as I thought through the information; the writing process helped me through that thinking process.

How well did I do?  What worked?  What do I need to improve?  So I worked and got most of the edits done, but would have liked to have had the curriculum map completed for our team meeting.  Otherwise I think I did ok.  It was all good quality writing.  I would like to have the documents edited and posted to our Google drive and team community a day or so ahead of our team meeting, but that is a difficult goal.

What should I do next?  What’s my plan / design?  Next I will consult our WBS timeline and get a feel for what is the timing, expectations, etc for the next phase of our project.  I have already adopted the WBS to my work life.  I had my first work week with the MD2K organization and was given my first two work priorities on Wednesday.  I take direction from an out of town researcher, so I think having my projects on a project management site will help my progress be transparent to him and also to the organization’s leadership here in Memphis.


No comments:

Post a Comment