Sunday, March 22, 2015

15/5 for week of March 16


1.      I am the Instruction Designer for the project.  So my task this week was to finish writing the Content Analysis, including the feedback from my teammates.  So I spent about three hours on that.  We also had a 1 hour team meeting.  Lastly, I have spent about an hour drafting the Instructional Strategy.  The Content Analysis is complete, except for the client sign off.  The Instructional Strategy is about 30% complete.

2.      Reflection:
What did I do?  I completed the editing work on the Content Analysis and began work on the Instructional Strategy.  I got both posted by our team’s goal deadline.

What was important about what I did?  This is important because the project design has to be well laid out so the client can understand our intentions and the developer and evaluators can complete their portions of the project according to the client’s expected progress.

When did I do this before?  Where could I use this again?  I have definitely written various reports in stages, pursuing feedback from various teammates and knowledge sources along the way.  So this process is similar to past projects and works well for me.  I would likely pursue the same writing method for future projects of any topic.

Do I see any patterns or relationships in what I did?  This works really well for me as far as getting out a good to best quality document.  However, it is time consuming.  People don’t have instantaneous time availability, an I likewise am juggling multiple commitments.  So writing a draft, posting it online, getting feedback, editing, sending to client, editing if needed----that is a long process.  All of the parties are busy, so it is hard to be efficient about it.  Unfortunately, that is the exact same pattern that the process followed in past work life settings.

How well did I do?  What worked?  Improve?  I did a good job drafting and incorporating specific feedback.  I also think I did a decent job of brainstorming ideas to address some of the feedback around needs.  Brainstorming is definitely a time consuming process because so much of what comes to the surface is not valuable.  So I brainstorm a list of 20 thoughts to get a few worthwhile.

What should I do next?  What’s my plan / design?  I will finish my Instructional Design tomorrow night and post for feedback.  Hopefully we will get it finished for the client by Wednesday.  I like to have plenty of revision time because trying to come up with solutions when I am under the gun is super difficult. 

No comments:

Post a Comment