Sunday, March 15, 2015

15/5 for week of March 2


15/5 for week of March 2

1.      My task this week was to catch up on some reading and review some of the material for which I previously skimmed through too fast.  Also, my team has decided that we would like to have our content analysis written a week or so ahead of the 3/22 deadline so we can get it to our client and returned hopefully with approval by that deadline. 

So as the instruction designer, I am using this week to get a strong start on it.  It took me about three hours to sketch out what I wanted along with comparing it to Chapter 8 of the Dick, Carey and Carey text.  I estimate that it is mostly complete, 75% or so.  However, I also know that I overestimated my completion of my previous writing assignments.

2.      What did I do?  I wrote the first draft of the instruction strategy.  I got the draft to a reasonably good quality, and got feedback from our team leader by our team meeting

What was important about what I did?  Did I meet my goal?  Yes.  My goal was to have my a draft with all of the instruction goals and an outline of the instruction.  This was important to flesh out the details of the instruction so that all team members are on the same page for the project..

When did I do this before?  Where could I use this again?  Itemizing questions that are specific to each goal (in this case, they were instruction goals) and then answering them as if it were a checklist would be a very helpful strategy for many projects types.  I think that has helped me avoid missing critical details.   

Do I see any patterns or relationships in what I did?  I got started writing early which helped convert some vague ideas into more firm plans.  As the ideas firmed up, I was able to continue adding more detail to the report.  Writing in stages that way has consistently worked for me on many projects and topics.

How well did I do?  What worked?  What do I need to improve?  The draft is good; my team leader has given me good feedback.  The feedback was regarding both the content report and the curriculum map.  I am very glad to have extra eyes helping me process this through.  I will work the suggestions in for the next team meeting.

What should I do next?  What is my plan / design?  Writing things out definitely helps me see what I have vs what I need.  It is also a significant advantage to have someone looking over it and offering suggestions for improvement.  I next need to incorporate the feedback into the document and develop the curriculum map. 

I am sorry for posting this late.

No comments:

Post a Comment